MUSWELLBROOK Shire Council is temporarily closing all playgrounds and a number of its sites and facilities as a precautionary measure in the interests of public health.
"We are taking measures to reduce the risk of contact with coronavirus (COVID-19) and to promote social distancing," a council spokesperson said.
"This includes limiting physical contact between people including council staff.
"Many council services will still be available online or over the telephone."
ALL PLAYGROUNDS TEMPORARILY CLOSED FROM TODAY
FROM Friday, March 27, council will close all playgrounds and erect notices of the closure.
Council regrets the impact of this important precautionary measure, however it is necessary to protect the community's children and their parents.
Shared pathways, cycleways and open green space will remain open, with social distancing in place.
ADMINISTRATION CENTRE TEMPORARILY CLOSED FROM NEXT WEEK
MUSWELLBROOK Shire Council's Administration Centre will be closed from 4.30pm on Friday, March 27, until further notice.
Staff will still be available to assist you by telephone or email during normal working hours - 9am to 4.30pm Monday to Friday.
An out-of-hours answering service for urgent council matters is available on 6549 3700.
The Administration Centre is currently open, however customers are asked to avoid coming in and to phone council on 6549 3700, email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the website www.muswellbrook.nsw.gov.au to access the Online Service Portal.
Bill payments can also be made over the phone, through the Online Service Portal or by using BPay.
If there are issues that cannot be resolved remotely, please contact council to make an appointment to make other arrangements.
Council is currently working on plans to provide flexible services, including library outreach and deliveries.
CLOSED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE
- Libraries - Muswellbrook and Denman. Visit www.uhrl.nsw.gov.au to access eBooks and more online or call Muswellbrook Library on 6543 1913 for assistance.
- Muswellbrook Aquatic and Fitness Centre
- Denman Memorial Pool
- Visitor Information Centres (VICs) - Muswellbrook and Denman
- Muswellbrook Indoor Sports Centre
- Denman Indoor Sports Centre
- Denman Memorial Hall
- Stan Thiess Centre
- Muswellbrook Regional Arts Centre
- Senior Citizens Centre
- Karoola Off-Leash Dog Park
- All council departments (closed from March 30): Access will be by appointment only and will be assessed on a case by case basis.
Sporting venues for group and organised activities. You can still take the dog for a walk or kick a ball around with your kids, just keep up the social distancing and hand washing.
CURRENTLY OPEN with restrictions:
- Muswellbrook Animal Shelter will remain open with strict adherence to social distancing.
- Residents must contact the Animal Shelter coordinator on 6549 3777 to make an appointment to view, adopt, surrender or collect any animals to ensure safety for the general public and shelter staff.
- All animal-related payments can be made at council's Administration Centre by appointment only, to make an appointment please phone council's Administration Centre on 6549 3700.
PUBLIC TOILETS REMAIN OPEN
- Council's public toilets will remain open at this stage.
- Council will increase the frequency of cleaning of these facilities.
- Users are urged to bring toilet paper, as council cannot guarantee that the toilet paper provided will not be stolen.
NO cash payments will be accepted at any council facilities (payment by card or cheque only) including at the Waste Management Facilities and Administration Centre.
Council is continually assessing the situation and will advise of any change in services as soon as possible.
Get the most up-to-date council information from the website www.muswellbrook.nsw.gov.au