Each year the Hunter River Group of the Country Women's Association (CWA) awards two educational grants for which any students residing in the boundaries of the Hunter River Group area can apply.
The two grants are:
The Hunter River Group Education Grant, valued at $500.00, for a student entering Tertiary Education, whether it be University, TAFE or College. This Grant was originally established by the Diamond Jubilee Fund to provide financial assistance to a student in pursuing a chosen career.
The Jean Latham Education Grant - Year 11 students who are entering Year 12 and reside in the bounds of hunter river group. Value $300.00
To be eligible to apply for these Grants, the student must meet the following criteria:
- Reside in an area bounded by Murrurundi in the north, Merriwa in the west, Belmont in the south and Nelson Bay in the east.
- Be Entering Tertiary Education
- Demonstrate a need for financial assistance
- Mature students may apply.
How do you apply?
Students need to apply through the branch closest to where they live regardless of where they go to school or work. Please contact the Branch Secretary for further information, and application forms.
Applications must be with your local branch before December 1, 2020.
If you are unsure of:
- Whether you live within the boundaries of the Hunter River Group, or
- Which is your nearest branch and the Secretary's contact details, either visit CWAofNSW website page https://www.cwaofnsw.org.au/branchesgroups.html and search for the branch nearest you,