Victoria's snap five-day lockdown has been extended after another 13 coronavirus cases were detected in the past 24 hours.
But the biggest question is when will the state's fifth lockdown actually end?
Premier Daniel Andrews said health authorities needed to review Monday's data before they could determine when restrictions would ease.
"I know this is not the news that people want to hear," Mr Andrews said.
Victoria's lockdown was due to end on Tuesday.
A NSW woman in her 50s has become the fifth person to die in the state from the Delta outbreak, which continues to cause chaos across Greater Sydney.
Another 98 cases were recorded in NSW on Sunday, and construction and non-essential retail was forced to close.
Of the new cases, 20 were in the community while infectious and the source of 37 infections was still under investigation .
NSW Premier Gladys Berejiklian urged families to stay home and not visit relatives, revealing most transmissions occurred within houses and workplaces.
"Be extra careful in relation to workplaces and in relation to your own family members who don't live in your household, these are two areas we need to work on," she said.
A raft of new COVID restrictions have been introduced in South Australia after an 81-year-old Adelaide man and his daughter tested positive to coronavirus.
The pair recently completed 14 days quarantine in NSW after returning from Argentina and travelled to their home in SA on July 8.
The restrictions will begin at midnight and include a ban on indoor dining, the closure of non-essential retail and the closure of gyms and indoor fitness facilities.
Masks are required in high-risk settings, public transport and shared indoor spaces.
THE NEWS YOU NEED TO KNOW:
- Vaccine shipment boosts troubled rollout
- Coalition targeted 'top 20' marginal seats in urban congestion fund
- Andrews 'actively looking' at more border restrictions
- New data reveals job shortages, but hospitality industry can't find staff
- Obeids and Macdonald guilty of conspiracy
- Billion-dollar problem causing serious issues for Australian children
- Deadly dog disease plans to hitch a ride home with tourists
- Is today 'Freedom Day' or 'Disaster Day' for the UK?