TWO Muswellbrook entities were praised for their respective efforts at the 2019 NSW/ACT Regional Achievement and Community Awards.
GJ's By the Lake's Ged and Julie Elphinstone and the Lake Liddell Recreation Area Reserve Land Manager made it to the finalists stage at the gala presentation dinner, which took place at the Fairmont Resort & Spa Blue Mountains on Friday, November 8.
While both parties missed the ultimate prize, the prestigious Department of Planning, Industry and Environment Individual Excellence in Crown Land Management Award and the Department of Planning, Industry and Environment Crown Land Manager Excellence Award, their endeavours received much acclaim.
"With Ged and Julie's high expectations and ethical work standards, the Lake Liddell Recreation Area Reserve has flourished under their management," said Crown Lands Commissioner Richard Bush, on behalf of the Minister for Water, Property and Housing Melinda Pavey.
"The Lake Liddell Recreation Area Reserve Land Manager was reformed in 2004.
"Since then improvements have been made in the following areas: patronage, infrastructure, the reserve's ambience and an increase in the operational budget."
The awards, hosted by Harrison Lance, welcomed 250 guests from across New South Wales and the ACT to acknowledge the regional achievers.
Winners collected either $2000 from Awards Australia or air-time packages on PRIME7 and a magnificent trophy.
Soul Café of Newcastle was also announced as the winner of the People's Choice Award and received $250.
The event capped off a tremendously successful year with hundreds of nominations received from across regional New South Wales and the ACT.
The eight category winners:
- Department of Planning, Industry and Environment Crown Land Manager Excellence Award: Cowra Showground, Racecourse and Paceway Trust
- Department of Planning, Industry and Environment Individual Excellence in Crown Land Management Award: Arthur Hatch of Mullumbimby
- Prime Super Agricultural Innovation Award: Dr Amy Moss of Armidale
- Ricoh Australia Customer Service Award: Botanical Art of Lawson
- Wholistic Financial Solutions Small Business Achievement Award: Meralli Solar of Uralla
- Prime Super Employer Excellence in Aged Care Award: Koonambil Aged Care Ltd of Coonamble
- TransGrid Leadership Award: John Southon of Trundle
- Awards Australia Connecting Communities Award: Outback Theatre for Young People of Deniliquin